Wednesday, January 18, 2012

SOPA

I try not to stray from talking music here, but this needs to be addressed. It somewhat goes hand-in-hand. I'm not claiming to be an expert here, everything I say is what I've taken away in my comprehension of what I have read. Basically, by passing this bill, liberty on the internet is toast. This act will give the entertainment industry the power to wipe out sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, etc simply for posting a link to a video that was illegally uploaded (such as a lyric video on YouTube made by RainbowsStarsandCrayons2001). That being said, all the aforementioned websites won't last a DAY. Heck, I'm a goner. I'm sure all those videos I uploaded in the Top 100 post were not all properly uploaded. My EGMAplatinum account on YouTube will be done for for using songs even though it's under the Fair Use Act of 1973.

Speak now! This must be stopped or this will no longer be the land of the free (not that it really was to start with, but that's a whole different argument.) Let your voice be heard! Google, Wikipedia and many other sites are participating in a blackout today. Sign google's petition against SOPA here: https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

No comments:

Post a Comment