Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lana Del Rey - Born to Die

Okay, there is massive hype for Lana Del Rey's upcoming album on Twitter. Being the music buff I am, I figured I better check her out and see a new pop star was about to emerge. You know, I hate being left out of stuff. I listened to the "Lana Del Rey - EP" that was uploaded to iTunes this week and was only impressed by one track, and impressed is almost an overstatement.

The track is quite monotone but a little catchy regardless. The self-proclaimed "gangster Nancy Sinatra" seems, to me, to be Interscope's attempt at popping out another Adele. This track is just so monotone that I can't even focus on the words for the whole song, rather I lose focus after about a minute and listen to the music. Many will disagree with me and that's their right, however, I give "Born to Die" a 2/5. I'm not hyped for this record, but I will give it a listen and possibly a full review once it is out. The video was visually stunning, except the graphic ending. It helped me comprehend the lyrics better, but I tuned in and out still.

If you aren't in on the hype, as I wasn't, check out the track below:

No comments:

Post a Comment