Thursday, December 29, 2011

Florence + the Machine - Shake It Out



Florence + the Machine never really got my attention when she released The Dog Days Are Over like she did with many people. It just wasn't something that really grabbed my attention. Her new song Shake It Out has however and I have found myself jamming along like every other song I listen to. I heard it the first time shopping at American Eagle and it stuck in my head. I feel like the lyrics are something I can relate to at this point in my life. To me, the song is about exorcising demons and personal weakness. It's about leaving behind the people that hold you back. "It's hard to dance with the devil on your back so shake him out." You can only propel people along so much until they need to do so for themselves or they are hopeless. I am currently dealing with this. But, guess what! Tonight, I'm going to bury that horse in the ground!

Overall, Florence provides electrifying vocals that are so powerful including one long note that potentially could have run Xtina out of breath. This song is amazing! I'm going to check out her album Ceremonials this weekend. Let's hope it keeps up with my expectations! Below is the somewhat mediocre video for Shake It Out:

Overall, 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment